Super User About Hits: 2786
The Kentucky Chapter of the American College of Cardiology (KY-ACC) is dedicated to contributing to the prevention of cardiovascular disease and ensuring optimal quality of care for individuals with such diseases. The KY-ACC works with the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and serves as a source of advice to local and state government and professional organizations concerning issues related to cardiovascular disease.
ACC MissionThe mission of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) is to transform cardiovascular care and improve heart health.
Enduring PurposeThe ACC strives to achieve its enduring purpose: to improve cardiovascular health through education, research, quality care and health policy.
VisionThe members of the College will dramatically reduce the incidence, severity and complications of cardiovascular disease as we promote prevention, reduce disparities in health care, and improve personal and population-based cardiovascular health.
- Professionalism: The interests of patients are primary.
- Knowledge: The College must promote growth, dissemination and application of knowledge about cardiovascular medicine.
- Value of the cardiovascular specialist: The cardiovascular profession makes a distinct contribution to medical care that should be recognized and enhanced.
- Integrity: Honesty, compliance with legal requirements, and ethical behavior are essential in all activities.
- Member driven: The College and its major activities must be led by active members and must promote volunteerism.
- Inclusiveness: The College involves a broad range of volunteers that reflects the composition of its membership.